December 27, 2010

Halloween party in Boston

We went to several parties for Halloween besides the party for preschool. On Friday night we went to our church party and had lots of yummy chili. I even made a little sweet potato chili to share. They judged whose was the best but I did not win. I actually came home with a lot because I think people were afraid to try something new. It's main ingredients are black beans and chunks of orange sweet potato ...pretty festive right.

The very next day Elsie and I got up and got on a plane and flew to Boston, one of our favorite places to be. We got our rental car at the airport and headed right down to my sisters church Halloween party. We met her there as it had already started. They had good food and some games and then trunk or treating to finish the night. Elsie and Nathan were so happy to see each other and had a great time together. By the way my sister made that Max (from Where the wild things are) costume all by herself. That is Chrissy (my sister) in the last photo with her son Owen as a lion.





No comments: