July 10, 2008

blackberries



We are very luck to have a bunch of blackberry bushes growing in our back yard! They look like they are going to give us a good crop but it has taken for ever for them to ripen! Oddly enough there is this one bush at the front of the lawn that has ripened before all the rest. The only reasonable explanation to me is it gets more sun light. But then again a lot of that bush is hidden by a huge grape vine! So who knows why but they are ripe and a few weeks ago we where able to pick a lot of berries. There are not many left on that bush now but we should have plenty more once the other bushes ripen.

2 comments:

Lehilina Marlow said...

Those blackberries look lush! What are you going to/did you bake with them? Mmm!!!

SandyKay said...

Oh my, fresh blackberries are one of my favorite things in the whole world. When I was a kid in Arkansas, our friends had giant bushes in their yard. Every summer, we'd pick blackberries and I'd make a blackberry cobbler. I might be showing up on your doorstep once the rest of your bushes ripen... :)