July 10, 2008

A big BBQ cook off


A few weekends ago we went with some friends to a huge BBQ cook off. People come from all around (including Texas) and roast a pig and compete to see who makes the best BBQ. There were over 180 different groups competing. And what did we do you ask? We walked around with mouths watering looking at people prepare meat to be judged. Then at around noon people started putting out trays of BBQ for us to taste. When I say taste I mean have a bite or two. So really this just got us more hungry and so we ended up at Red Robin where we could get all you can eat french fies.

2 comments:

Lehilina Marlow said...

How fun!!! :) It must have been awful to be so tempted by the smells of BBQ roasting, though, and only get a bite!!! Not so fun!!! :(

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!! I wish I would have known that you guys were there!!! We were there too!!! It was soo yummy!