August 5, 2011

Happy Birthday to Elsie

So her real birthday came at last and we were very excited!!! Four years old!!! Our baby is growing up and she is wonderful. She has started preschool, made new friends and started Sunbeams at church. Such a big girl. After church we had Will's mom and siblings over for a quite meal and of course a chocolate cake covered in candy (read below for details on its origin)! As you can see she really got into eating the cake with her whole face!

One of the funnest things that day for me was giving her the presents. She has been asking for a big girl bike and then after riding a friends scooter she changed her mind and asked for a scooter. Well it was getting close to her birthday and we had not gotten her anything. I tried to get Will to agree to get her a scooter but he did not want to spend the money. I felt so sad that we were going to disappoint her but I was ok with it after all the kid can't get everything she wants right? Well guess again. I was out on Saturday morning before the party to get some vegetables and fruit and on my way home I saw some signs for yard sales. I stopped at two and nothing...but I kept trying. I went to one street where there where three houses with sales. First I found a little bike I mean really little but its training wheels where broken. It was a dollar. I bought it. Then I walked up the street and there it was, the last of a few the lady said, a Razo scooter! And it was only three dollars!!! I was giddy I had found what she wanted. In a perfect world I would have found one with three wheals for little kids but this was pretty good for a yard sale and so I bought it. The crazy thing about it is she never doubted she was getting what she wanted. She came so close to not getting the scooter but when she saw it for the first time she was barely surprised! I hope this does not spoil her for good! She also got a game for her Leapster bought at half price! I am a pretty good shopper when I try.












No comments: