March 1, 2011

Valentines Day

Our valentines day was fun this year. Not very eventful but fun. Elsie and I hosted palygroup that morning. Then I had a few appointments so Will's mom came down to watch Elsie for me. Elsie decorated Will's valentine card some more. We had already sent one out to all her cousins and a few aunties the week before. Elsie and I had been shopping for gifts for daddy for valentines day and she did not understand the holiday so I told her sometimes people buy gifts for each other to say how much they care. She immediately pipes up "then you and daddy should go buy me something...grandma can come watch me and you can go to the store". Or something like that.

I wanted to give the gifts to Elsie with Will there but I waited as long as I could. Will got home late that night. I hid her gifts and we played the hot cold game to help her find them. It was fun she really got how it works. Will finally got home just as Elsie was going to lay down so she stayed up for a minute more to watch him get his presents. He did not give me anything but I did not expect anything. His gift was a very practical laundry organizer and a fun game I just happened to come across at a local thrift store! I was really excited about the game because it is probably not made any more and it happens to be a trivia game on one of Will's favorite TV shows M*A*S*H. He likes it a lot. We did not go out to eat or anything but we did mail order some of our favorite BBQ in from Kansas City!






No comments: