July 12, 2010

Happy fathers day daddy

Well we are also a bit late on this one but we had a great fathers day. It was a Sunday of course and we had spent the night at Will's dad's house. So we had to get up and get ready to head home for church. But we let daddy sleep in as long as we could. Then Elsie put on the shirt we made him and wore it to show it to him. He likes it a lot...not enough to wear out of the house but enough to wear as a night shirt. It has Elsie's hand prints all over the front and says "Best dad hands down but..." and then it has her foot prints all over the back and says "...I walk all over him". This cute idea came from my sister.

After church we came home to do the treasure hunt. Elsie had hid the two presents we got him and then I wrote clues for him so he would get to the presents and have a little fun in the process. It was fun to watch him think about the questions then all the sudden get it and head off to find the next clue. Elsie helped find and unwrap the presents. We got him some stuff to clean his new car (photos to follow). After that we just relaxed as a family. I made him waffles for dinner, a family favorite. It was a fun day...we love you dad!



1 comment:

Lehilina Marlow said...

Very cute! I hope you don't mind...I'll have to use that T-shirt idea for Cameron!!! I LOVE it!!! :) Glad you had a swell Father's Day! :)