July 11, 2010

Elsie turned Three

I am getting to this a bit late but our little girl turned three at the beginning of June!!!! I can't believe she is three and so big...I will spare you the "it seems just like yesterday" talk. But I still just can't believe it.

While we were in Boston with my sister she asked Elsie what kid of cake she wanted. I had not asked because I thought she would not have an opionon. Now that I think about it she does have opinions about lots of stuff like what color ice cream we buy! So Elsie said she wanted a color cake. Then my sister asked what colors and she named a bunch of them and then the conversation turned to the idea of a rainbow cake. So this is what I came up with it is not exactly a rainbow but it is cute. If any of you look at this blog that often you might recall the cake my friend made for her daughters and Elsie's joint party when they turned two. It used the same things to add the colors...M&M's. That is right and can I just tell you how yummy it is to have a bunch of chocolate M&M's on top of a thick layer of frosting!!!

We were in Vermont for the actual day and almost all the cousins were there. So it was so much fun. I don't remember what we had for dinner but it must have been good. The kids had dressed up before we ate so they ate in the costumes though we made everyone change before they had ice cream and cake. So even though we did not plan it Elsie had a costume party with all her cousins! And now for the pictures...













No comments: