June 24, 2009

Metal is yummy

Last week Elsie found out first hand what metal tastes like. I am not sure what type of metal it was but she ate it. It was a small fixture that goes on the end of the shower knob. She discovered it that morning and instead of being smart and moving it then I just put it back in and forgot about it. That night while a was cooking dinner I heard a little cry from the living room. Then Elsie comes into the kitchen crying and opening her mouth. She kept pointing to her mouth and crying and then I asked her if she ate something and she yes. But what??? Well I soon thought about our little adventure in the bathroom that morning and sure enough the metal fixture was missing. I asked her if she ate it and she said yes but she says yes to most anything so I was not positive that she ate it. The mystery was solved the next day at diaper changing time. The small round fixture is about the size of a penny and is as thick as three pennies. But it passed with no known pain or problems.



3 comments:

Lehilina Marlow said...

Oh my! How scary! Thank goodness you "found" it and that it passed with no problems!

Melonius said...

That does not sound like very much fun...

O'Babies said...

Gross