September 10, 2008

Our trip to Boston

I guess I have not explained anything about our trip yet. Elsie and I went out in early August to spend time with my family in Vermont. My parents live there as well as two of my sisters and their kids. The pictures in the previous post are from Vermont in early Aug. Then Elsie and I headed down to Boston to spend time with my third sister and her son. We also got to visit with some friends which was so much fun!!

It was great to get to see Mandy and her little ones.
I was so touched by the number of ladies from the ward that came out to visit with Elsie and I at the park. Cherisa planned a lunch and we had a great time playing and talking.

This is a shot of my old beach with the Boston sky line in the background!! I used to live a short five minute drive away from this beach. Will and I would go walking on it almost every night. Now I live in the middle of the country far far away from any beaches. But I do live next to a nice park which we go walk at often. It is crazy how fast life can change. Just look at how fast Elsie has grown. She is already 15 months and can do 10 signs and say 3 or 4 words! I can't believe she can communicate already it seems like she was just a newborn yesterday.

2 comments:

Cherisa said...

We were all really excited to have you come visit! I wish I could have been at church to say goodbye but totally forgot about out Cape trip with Ian's family. I'm already looking forward to next year!

Delise said...

I always feel sad to miss a girls get together but I'm glad you had fun! It looks like you had a great trip back!