September 19, 2012

First Day of School

My beautiful baby is in school. She started Kindergarten on September 4th and so I am a few weeks late posting this but that is no surprise. She is doing great. She did great the first day and came home saying they told them a lot of rules but she had fun and was excited about school. We only got pictures with a few of the kids we know at her school and missed the little boy we carpool with because Elsie was being contrary. 

I actually did great too. Because there where so many other moms there I was distracted enough from my own sadness that I did not cry and my eyes stayed dry for the whole day!! Which I think it is amazing. 

Elsie loves school and talks about reading books and comes home singing songs to help her to learn to write her numbers. Also there is a days of the week song and I am sure there will be many more! Her favorite time is recess where she plays chase a lot! 





No comments: