June 21, 2011

Spanish preschool play

At the end of May we finished Spanish preschool for the school year. On their last day the kids put on a play with the morning class and afternoon class working together. Here are some pictures of the play (they had the performance in a community church beside the school so that is why there is a cross in the pictures). It was very cute. They danced and sang and repeated lines, like I said it was great. The play the performance was loosely based on was Peter Pan. Elsie was a flower or flor in Spanish. Her line was "Es una bomba!" or "It's a bomb". It is funny I was talking to a lady I know about the play and Spanish preschool and the lady asked Elsie what her line meant. Her reply was "I'm a bomb". Even after being corrected I still think she believes it says I'm a bomb. The costume was a group effort. I provided the headband, dress and leggings. The school did the leaves around her neck and the frilly skirt. I would have done the rest but they just did it and told me what I provided was great. The little boy beside Elsie in the picture below is a friend she made at school. But sadly he will be moving a little ways away and is starting school in the fall so no more Spanish preschool for him. We hope to still have a play date here or there with him though. I think she had a really fun time with this play and I look forward to more fun plays in the future (we will be going to the same school this summer and fall-spring).








2 comments:

Jeni said...

I love all your updates! I can't believe how big Elsie is. So adorable. I love her little ringlets in the picture of her playing with toys.

Missletoe said...

Elsie is absolutely beautiful. Life has been nutso, so I haven't checked in for awhile. It is fun to see what your family is up to. Thanks for keeping it fresh.