October 5, 2011

Will's Birthday

Elsie and I planned a trip in August this year so we missed WIll's real birthday but we celebrated it a few weeks early before we left. We were so sneaky about the whole thing so he would be surprised when he woke up on Saturday. We made him sugar cookies again and hid them before he came home on Friday. Then when Elsie got up that morning I told Will I would get up with her and I did. We went right out and started decorating...well we probably ate first but then we decorated cookies. We put the candles in, planed a scavenger hunt, hid all the clues and wrapped presents, and then went in and woke up Will. By then it was probably close to 10 am. Will got up reluctantly and then did the scavenger hunt and got all his presents. I forgot to mention that Elsie had been wanting to get Will flowers for his birthday and these colorful roses are the ones she picked. Then we had to light the candles and sing happy birthday to daddy. I think it was a fun morning. I really wanted to do something special for him since we were going to be gone for three weeks!













1 comment:

Charity said...

It's so fun to see all these photos! I hadn't checked the blog in a while. Oh my goodness, I miss you guys!