June 30, 2010

The beach

We got to go to the beach while we were in Boston too. It was great. The weather was hot so we were ready even though it was still May. We had a lot of fun...well I guess I could say everyone but Nathan had a lot of fun. Right when we got on the beach we realized that we forgot the blanket in the car. So Chrissy took Owen to go get it and I stayed with the two older kids. If you look at the pictures below you will see how I brought the two kidos down to the shore and was taking photos of them as the water calmly lapped at their feet...until a bigger wave came and knocked them both down!! I was mid photo when it happened and obviously did not react fast enough. I was able to grab each of them by an arm and pull them up. Luckily neither one had inhaled any water. They had just gotten wet! And this is where the problem begins...Nathan hates to get his clothes wet!!! So he was crying and not consolable and Elsie was upset but she calmed down pretty quickly. To give the little guy a little credit he was with me and not his mommy whom he wanted very badly after the above accident happened. We were all very excited to see Chrissy coming down the beach but I bet she was not so please to see what had happened. Nathan spent the next hour or so wrapped in a blanket in his mothers lap. But by the end of the morning he was playing in the sand again! We even managed to convince him to go back by the water though he did not get so close this time.






No comments: