March 10, 2009

Some big purchases

Well it is that time of year again...tax refund time. With the credit we got for being first time home owners we were able to buy a few things!! First off we got a table (with out chairs not my first choice), a storage bench (for a toy box) and a chair for the front room. We bought them all from Overstock.com. I have to say I am happy with all our purchases but they are not exactly what I was expecting. Mostly it was the color that looked different online but with the bench I just did not pay attention to the size of it...it is huge!!









The last and final purchase is a new car. Will bid on it on ebay and won the auction! I do not have a picture of it yet but I will post one as soon as I can. I will start by saying it is ten year old Lexus LS 400. Which might mean something to you but it does not mean much to me. I drove it for the first time today and it is pretty awesome! It rides really nice and is quite a bit bigger then the Carolla but I like it. It is definitetly a luxury car with all leather interior and wood on the doors and steering wheal.

2 comments:

Amber said...

YAY for shopping with tax refund checks! I can't wait to see the pics of the new car--I am impressed that he bought it on ebay-let us know what you thought of that.

Cherisa said...

Very exciting! Our tax refund is all going toward buying a house which is a pretty good move this year since we should get all of our refund back in another year plus whatever 2009's refund is.

I love the chair and the bench is pretty cool, too. I've considered buying some things off of Overstock so it's nice to know someone who has. I purchased a Blackberry there but a bunch of furniture is a little different.

And congrats on s second car! We're hoping to do that sometime soon ourselves (but the house comes first).