December 15, 2008

Utah city Zoo

While we were in Utah we got to go to the zoo and it was even free!!! This is the first time Elsie really got interested in animals that we saw. She has been to the Kansas city zoo and to a petting zoo several times but has never taken much interest in the animals until now. What she really liked where the porcupines and meerkats which I do not have a picture of because they were behind glass. Shown below is Elsie measuring up to the size of a gorilla. She has a long way to go to catch up which is good by me.






2 comments:

Daisie said...

Glad you had a fun trip! I love Hogle Zoo! I am so glad you got to go!!

Cherisa said...

Looks like fun! You know, for being a decent sized city, Boston's zoo is really lacking. We'll be in Oregon for Christmas and we're definitely looking forward to the Portland zoo. They have elephants and just a much more diverse grouping of animals.

I'm glad you got to go out to see Will's family for Thanksgiving! It's my favorire holiday but with teaching, there wasn't enough time for us to head west.