January 11, 2008

Eating


Elsie is progressing slowly on the solid foods front. She has tried 3 kinds of cereal, all but one of her vegtables and a few fruits, these seem to be her favorites so far though. I was reading in a baby book about what a 7 month old should be able to do. It was a short list and Elsie could do all of the things except feed herself a cracker. I was so upset that I had never given her a chance to feed herself a cracker!! So after buying some teething biscuits and handing her one I was no longer upset. Of course she had no problem picking up an object and inserting it in her mouth. The only difference with this object is it can be eaten and it tends to get really gooey! Why did I even worry?

4 comments:

Cherisa said...

Oh! Don't worry about those lists! I'm sure Miss Elsie will get the hang of driving a car much sooner you and Will are ready for. =) She seems right on track for her age!

Lehilina Marlow said...

Yum, yum, GOOEY yum!!!

Amber said...

She looks cute feeding herself :-)

Cherisa said...

BTW... What happened to Elsie's love of asparagus???